Any time your business changes locations, you risk losing loyal customers, but making sure all your business information is updated on Google and Yelp goes a long way toward maintaining the business you‘ve built. Here‘s a simple, step-by-step guide :
Changing your address on Google
Many small business owners make the mistake of creating new business profiles each time they move the location of their business, but that‘s not advisable. Having lots of outdated business address listings online makes it harder for clients to find you and lends an image of impermanence and instability to your brand. Instead, you can change your existing business address as well as the phone number and hours of operation.
- Sign in to Google My Business. From the main menu, you should be able to view all your business locations.
- Select the location that‘s moving and click Manage Location.
- Click Info at the top of the page. The Info menu should let you edit (by clicking the pencil icon) anything from the address of your business to the hours.
- Click Apply. You should be able to see the marker for your business on a map. If Google is unable to find the correct location for your business, you can drag the pin manually and drop it.
- Click OK. It may take some time for your edits to be published.
Changing your address on Yelp